A-SpeechDB© is an Arabic speech database suited for training acoustic models for Arabic phoneme-based speaker-independent automatic speech recognition systems. The database contains about 20 hours of continuous speech recorded through one desktop omni microphone by 205 native speakers from Egypt (about 30% of females and 70% of males), aged between 20 and 45.
Automatically generated transcriptions are provided with a manually revised version for each sentence.
• Detailed speaker information: Age, Accent, place of stay, gender
• Recording in office environment
• Sentence labeled.
• Continuous Speech
• Automatic first pass transcription
• Manual second pass labeling
• Each text prompt is unique, no repeated sentences
• Sentences chosen to cover all Arabic phonetics several times
• Automatic transcription using TransArab©
• Recording using DBRec© or Validator©
• Validation using Validator©
• Sample Rate : 16 KHz
• Resolution: 16 bit PCM
• Format: MAF (A tool is included to convert the database to WAV format)
• Labeled data format: HTK lab format (100 nano-seconds)
View resource description in all available languages