German spoken by Turkish OrienTel database
View resource name in all available languages
Base de données OrienTel de l'allemand parlé par les turcs
The German spoken by Turkish OrienTel database comprises 332 Turkish speakers who spoke German (167 males, 165 females) recorded over the German fixed and mobile telephone network. This database is partitioned into 1 DVD. The speech databases made within the OrienTel project were validated by SPEX, the Netherlands, to assess their compliance with the OrienTel format and content specifications.
Speech samples are stored as sequences of 8-bit 8 kHz A-law. Each prompted utterance is stored in a separate file. Each signal file is accompanied by an ASCII SAM label file which contains the relevant descriptive information.
Each speaker uttered the following items:
* 1 isolated single digit
* 1 sequence of 10 isolated digits
* 5connected digits : 1 prompt sheet number (6 digits), 1 telephone number (6-15 digits), 1 credit card number (14-16 digits), 1 PIN code (6 digits), 1 spontaneous phone number
* 1 currency money amount
* 2 natural numbers
* 3 dates : 1 spontaneous (date or year of birth), 1 prompted date, 1 relative or general date expression
* 2 time phrases : 1 time of day (spontaneous), 1 time phrase (word style)
* 4 spelled words : 1 spontaneous (own forename), 1 personal first name, 1 city name, 1 real word for coverage
* 8 directory assistance utterances : 1 spontaneous, own forename, 1 city of birth/growing up (spontaneous), 1 frequent city name, 1 frequent company name, 1 common forename and surname, 1 Turkish forename and surname, 1 Turkish city name, 1 Turkish company name
* 3 yes/no questions : 1 predominantly ”yes” question, 1 predominantly ”no” question, 1 predominantly fuzzy answer, e.g. "don't know"
* 6 application keywords/keyphrases
* 1 word spotting phrase using embedded application words
* 6 phonetically rich words
* 9 phonetically rich sentences
The following age distribution has been obtained: 4 speakers are less than 16 years old, 179 speakers are between 16 and 30, 115 speakers are between 31 and 45, 29 speakers are between 46 and 60, and 5 are over 60 years old.
A pronunciation lexicon with a phonemic transcription in SAMPA is also included.
View resource description in all available languages