ItalWordNet (Italian WordNet)
View resource name in all available languages
ItalWordNet (WordNet italien)
ItalWordNet (Italian WordNet) is an updated version of the EuroWordNet Italian database. The ItalWordNet database was produced within a national Italian programme called SI-TAL. It contains a total of 49,360 synsets. Unlike the EuroWordNet database, the ItalWordNet is provided in XML format. However, it remains partially compatible with the EuroWordNet, as both models are similar, except for some new relations created for adjectives and which were added to ItalWordNet.
ItalWordNet is composed of the following contents:
- The Inter-Lingual-Index, which is a list of records (ILI-records), in the form of synsets mainly taken from WordNet1.5 or manually created.
- A top-ontology which consists of an ontology of 63 basic semantic classes based on fundamental distinctions.
- A domain-ontology which consists of an ontology of subject-domains optionally assigned to ILI-records.
- A selection of ILI-records, the so-called Base-Concepts, which play a major role in the different wordnets.
- WordNet1.5 (91591 synsets; 168217 meanings; 126520 entry words) in EuroWordNet format.
The original EuroWordNet Italian database is also included in this package.
View resource description in all available languages