SALA Spanish Chilean Database
View resource name in all available languages
Base de données SALA de l’espagnol chilien
The SALA Spanish Chilean Database comprises 1,024 Chilean speakers (477 males, 547 females) recorded over the Chilean fixed telephone network. This database is partitioned into 6 CD-ROMs The speech databases made within the SALA project were validated by SPEX, the Netherlands, to assess their compliance with the SALA format and content specifications.
The speech files are stored as sequences of 8-bit, 8kHz A-law speech files and are not compressed, according to the specifications of SALA. Each prompt utterance is stored within a separate file and has an accompanying ASCII SAM label file.
Each speaker uttered the following items:
- 6 application words;
- 1 sequence of 10 isolated digits;
- 4 connected digits: 1 sheet number (6 digits), 1 telephone number (9-11 digits), 1 credit card number (14-16 digits), 1 PIN code (6 digits);
- 3 dates: 1 spontaneous date (e.g. birthday), 1 prompted date (word style), 1 relative and general date expression;
- 1 spotting phrase using an application word (embedded);
- 1 isolated digit;
- 3 spelled-out words (letter sequences): 1 spelling of surname; 1 spelling of directory assistance city name; 1 real/artificial name for coverage;
- 1 currency money amount;
- 1 natural number;
- 5 directory assistance names: 1 surname (out of 500); 1 city of birth / growing up (spontaneous); 1 most frequent city (out of 500); 1 most frequent company/agency (out of 500); 1 "forename surname" (set of 150 )
- 2 questions, including "fuzzy" yes/no: 1 predominantly "yes" question, 1 predominantly "no" question;
- 9 phonetically rich sentences;
- 2 time phrases: 1 time of day (spontaneous), 1 time phrase (word style);
- 4 phonetically rich words.
The following age distribution has been obtained: 2 speakers are under 16 years old, 288 speakers are between 16 and 30, 481 speakers are between 31 and 45, 239 speakers are between 46 and 60, and 14 speakers are over 60.
A phonetic lexicon with canonical transcriptions in SAMPA is also provided.
View resource description in all available languages