Spanish SpeechDat(II) FDB-1000
View resource name in all available languages
Base de données SpeechDat(II) de l'espagnol FDB-1000
The Castillian Spanish SpeechDat(II) FDB-1000 database contains the recordings of 1,000 Castillian Spanish speakers (481 males, 519 females) recorded over the Spanish fixed telephone network. The FDB-1000 database is partitioned into 4 CDs, which comprise 250 speakers sessions each.
Speech samples are stored as sequences of 8-bit 8 kHz A-law. Each prompted utterance is stored in a separate file. Each signal file is accompanied by an ASCII SAM label file which contains the relevant descriptive information.
This speech database was validated by SPEX (the Netherlands) to assess its compliance with the SpeechDat format and content specifications.
Each speaker uttered the following items:
* 3 application words
* 1 sequence of 10 isolated digits
* 4 connected digits (1 sheet number -6 digits, 1 telephone number –9/11 digits, 1 credit card number –14/16 digits, 1 PIN code -6 digits)
* 3 dates (1 spontaneous date e.g. birthday, 1 word style prompted date, 1 relative and general date expression)
* 1 word spotting phrase using an embedded application word
* 1 isolated digit
* 3 spelled word (1 surname, 1 directory city name, 1 real/artificial for coverage)
* 1 currency money amount
* 1 natural number
* 5 directory assistance names (1 spontaneous e.g. own forename, 1 city of birth/growing up, 1most frequent city out of a set of 500, 1 most frequent company/agency out of a set of 500, 1 "forename surname" out of a set of 150)
* 2 yes/no questions (1 predominantly "yes" question, 1 predominantly "no" question)
* 9 phonetically rich sentences
* 2 time phrases (1 spontaneous time of day, 1 word style time phrase)
* 4 phonetically rich words
The following age distribution has been obtained: 19 speakers are under 16, 555 speakers are between 16 and 30, 198 speakers are between 31 and 45, 198 speakers are between 46 and 60, and 30 speakers are over 60.
A pronunciation lexicon with a phonemic transcription in SAMPA is also included.
This database is a subset of the Spanish SpeechDat(II) FDB-4000 (ref. ELRA-S0102).
View resource description in all available languages