SpeechDat Catalan FDB database
View resource name in all available languages
Base de données SpeechDat FDB du catalan
The SpeechDat Catalan FDB database contains the recordings of 1,005 Catalan speakers (474 males, 531 females) recorded over the Spanish fixed telephone network. The database is partitioned into 4 CD-ROMs, in ISO 9660 format.
Speech samples are stored as sequences of 8-bit 8 kHz A-law, uncompressed. Each prompted utterance is stored in a separate file, and each signal file is accompanied by an ASCII SAM label file which contains the relevant descriptive information.
Each speaker uttered the following items:
- 3 application words
- 1 sequence of 10 isolated digits
- 4 connected digits (prompt sheet number -6 digits, telephone number –9/11 digits, credit card number –14/16 digits, PIN code –6 digits)
- 3 dates (spontaneous date e.g. birthday, prompted date, relative and general date expression)
- 1 word spotting phrase using embedded application words
- 1 isolated digit
- 3 spelled words (1 surname, 1 directory assistance city name, 1 real/artificial name for coverage)
- 1 currency money amount
- 1 natural number
- 5 directory assistance names (1 spontaneous, e.g. own surname, 1 city of birth/growing up, 1 most frequent city out of a set of 500, 1 most frequent company/agency out of a set of 500, 1 “forename surname” out of a set of 150 )
- 2 yes/no questions (1 predominantly “yes” question, 1 predominantly “no” question, including fuzzy questions)
- 9 phonetically rich sentences
- 2 time phrases (1 spontaneous time of day, 1 word style time phrase)
- 4 phonetically rich words
The following age distribution has been obtained: 13 speakers are under 16, 473 are between 16 and 30, 286 are between 31 and 45, 192 are between 46 and 60, and 41 speakers are over 60.
A pronunciation lexicon with a phonemic transcription in SAMPA is also included.
View resource description in all available languages