SpeechDat(M) Italian Mobile Network Speech Database
View resource name in all available languages
Base de données orale SpeechDat(M) italien en réseau mobile
The SpeechDat(M) Italian Mobile Network Speech Database contains the recordings of 342 speakers (156 males, 186 females) of Italian recorded over the mobile telephone network. This database is distributed on 1 CD-ROM. The database complies with the common specifications created in the SpeechDat project.
Speech samples are stored as sequences of 8-bit 8 kHz A-law. Each prompted utterance is stored in a separate file. Each signal file is accompanied by an ASCII SAM label file which contains the relevant descriptive information.
Each speaker uttered the following items:
• 6 application words
• 3 digit strings : prompt sheet number, telephone number, credit card number,
• 3 dates : 1 spontaneous calling date, 2 prompted dates (word style)
• 3 application word phrases
• 1 isolated digit
• 3 spelled word : city name, forename, surname
• 2 money amounts
• 3 natural numbers
• 1 place: city of birth
• 3 spontaneous yes/no questions
• 9 phonetically rich sentences
• 3 time phrases : 1 time of day (spontaneous), 2 time phrases (prompted)
The following age distribution has been obtained: 8 speakers are under 16, 191 are between 16 and 30, 85 are between 31 and 45, 49 are between 46 and 60, and 9 speakers are over 60.
A pronunciation lexicon with a phonemic transcription in SAMPA is also included.
View resource description in all available languages